News Update December 2020
Tēnā koutou katoa,
During 2020 we faced some of the biggest challenges in recent history, and in the face of it all, you have helped lead us through some of these exceptional times.
We heard so much about essential workers in 2020. You were at the coalface of that essential work. Sacrificing time with your family and loved ones to take care of, and provide, services that are essential to keeping New Zealanders safe every day. From each and every member of our Council, ngā mihi nui ki a koutou, thank you.
As we move into 2021, we also want to update you on some of the outcomes from the last Council meeting.
- Registration opens from mid-January 2021 – you will receive an email from the Council when it's time for you to apply.
- Council’s Annual Practising Certificate (APC) renewal – the Council’s APC annual renewal will be on 1 October. Your first APC amount will be pro-rated from January to October 2021.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – the Council recently approved the requirement that paramedics will need to complete 30 hours of CPD before their first APC renewal in October 2021. This is an interim measure as we will be working with paramedics to determine what the CPD requirements will be for the following years.
- Approval of Council Competencies and Code of Conduct – following your feedback, we recently approved the Competencies and Code of Conduct for the profession. These will be published early in 2021 on our website.
- Ministry of Justice Criminal History Check – to avoid any delays, we recommend that you request your Criminal History Check from the Ministry of Justice as soon as possible as this information can take up to 3 weeks to arrive. As this document is required for registration, the sooner you request this information, the sooner you can be registered. You can request your Criminal History Check via the Ministry of Justice website here.
- Fees – The Council has approved the following fees for paramedic registration and APCs (once registration has been approved):
- $200 – Application for NZ qualified registration (a one-off fee)
- $600 – Application for your Annual Practising Certificate (APC), which will be renewed each year.
If you have any questions or need any further information from us, please get in touch via email through firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Kaunihera Manapou Paramedic Council