How to Register
The new registration process for Paramedics will be open from January 2021.
- Pathway A – Requires evidence of completing an approved tertiary qualification in paramedicine.
- Pathway B – Requires you to have an Authority to Practise (ATP) at paramedic level or above from a Council-approved provider.
- Pathway C – Requires you to demonstrate your experience and knowledge by submitting a portfolio that outlines how long you have been a practising paramedic or in paramedic education or research and the kind of skills you bring to the job.
Compulsory cultural safety programme
All paramedics must complete the Mauriora - Foundation Course in Cultural Competency and provide a certificate of completion as part of the application for registration. This programme is online, free of charge and is open for enrollment and completion now.
Watch the short videos below to see which pathway is suitable for you.
Approved ATP employers for Pathway B (RAP):
- Wellington Free Ambulance
- St John
- Search and Rescue Services Limited.
Please check back regularly for an updated list of approved employers. We will be adding to this as we work through the approval process with other organisations.
If you have any questions or would like more information please email the Council at: firstname.lastname@example.org