This data provides the pathways used by paramedics to gain registration with Te Kaunihera.
There are different ways in which a paramedic can be registered:
- Completing a prescribed (approved) Aotearoa New Zealand qualification (PQ)
- Applying for an assessment of their overseas qualification (ONPQ)
- Mutual recognition of their Australian registration (TTMR)
When registration first opened, there were also two grandparenting pathways:
- Recognition of an Authority to Practise with an approved employer (ATP)
- An assessment of their Aotearoa New Zealand practise experience (EXP)
The two grandparenting pathways officially closed in Ākuhata | August 2021 for working paramedics, and in Mei | May 2022 for those who were not working, for example on parental or extended leave.